Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Performance figures - XJR1300 vs ZX12R Ninja

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by TarmacSamurai, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Does anybody know where I can compare specs on these bikes? Things like HP, standing 1/4, top end, etc.?

2. bikez.com

or .net i can't remember

but that'll let you compare 2 bikes provided hp figures etc are on there.
  3. I've ridden with guys who had both of these bikes and they had no real complaints.

I like 'em both but would lean towards the XJR. The green on the ZRX (R?) is a bit of an acquired taste, but in keeping with the retro look. He said he would have liked a bit more fuel range.

So the Bandit is out? Free luggage till end of October makes it very good value.
  4. Cool, thanks very much.
  5. The ZX12R has almost twice the horsepower, it has a monoshock instead of twin shocks, it's faired and probably a fair bit lighter.

In all performance aspects it will shit all over the XJR.
  6. Are you talking about the ZX12R (which is a sports bike) or the ZRX1200R which is the retro?

I owned a ZRX1200R and a I've swapped with a local guy who owned an XJR.

My ZRX1200R accelerated a little harder and handled a little better but the XJR felt nicer to ride (more character)... that's why I sold the ZRX1200R.

It was a nice bike that did most things ok, but it just wasn't very exciting.
  7. gsx-1400
  8. Which is why I was wondering if he was mixing up his Kawasaki 1200's :)
  9. agree
    about the only thing that will keep with a ZX12R is a 'Busa
    or Gixxer Thou

an XJR has no hope

10. Sorry for the confusion here! I already ride an XJR. My mate has a ZX12R (the sports bike). I know that his bike will outperform mine, but we got talking about specs and I was trying to find some and couldn't. I just wanted to see if there were any figures around that I could compare HP, top end, standing quarter mile, etc. Purely out of interest to see how the figures matched up.