Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Performance exhausts systems for Cagiva Mito

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by sammyboy, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a street legal exhaust system for the 2010 Cagiva Mito to give it more bite over the rev range? I live in Australia and I have been checking YouTube for ideas but I only see people in the UK and US with different systems, but I am not sure if they are legal here.

I also read that changing the sprockets to ones with more or less teeth can directly effect performance. Is that true?

Thanks for any advice.
  2. Don't waste your time. It's a 125. You'll spend hundreds of dollars and get a hp or two at best.

If the little mozzie isn't floating your boat anymore then buy something with more go.
  3. If you're still on restrictions then any performance modification is technically illegal.

That said as long as you don't draw attention to yourself by crashing or riding like a knob it may not be an issue, and if you keep the original it shouldn't take much to switch back if you do get busted (though you'll still get stung with a fine). But keep in mind bikes like the Mito do represent pretty much the pinnacle of 2-stroke engine development, so you won't get much more out of it without seriously affecting reliability - or spending a lot of cash.

Changing sprockets only changes what speed you're doing for a given rpm/gear. So it can give you better acceleration, but only at the expense of top speed and fuel economy (since you'll be cruising at a much higher rpm). Going the other way is pointless, as it's unlikely the bike's top speed is being limited by the gearbox.
  4. Modern 2 strokes have been quite neutered by the restrictive exhausts which now have catalytic converters etc due to very strict emissions laws. I know that the newer Aprilia RS125's can gain something insane like 30-40% more power just from an exhaust and a rejet. Ask trent112 I think his name is, he has one and might know a bit more

EDIT: Here's a thread that talks about it https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=118200

11 to 21kW - a HUGE gain.
  5. I wasn't aware of that. I'd be doing a cut/shut on the exhaust if that's the case. Though I have access to welders and a plasma cutter which makes it a quick and simple job.

Then it's just a case of getting the jetting right.

But dumping $500+ on a bike you'll likely only keep for the duration of your restrictions is a bit silly.
  6. You want a proper 2 stroke? Buy yourself a clapped out RD250 and register it, then fit a banshee kit. Hey presto, learner legal 600 2 stroke.