Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

perforated leathers

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by samks, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Can any one sell me where I can get some leathers perforated? I have a set of custom made leathers that the jacket has shrunk (honest I haven’t put on wait)

Any how, I’ve moved to QLD from the UK and its way to hot for me to ride with my jacket and I don’t like the idea if the t-shirt and shorts I’ve seen people riding around with here. I’m shore these are safety shorts and t-shirts, just like steel capped thongs but I like the idea of wearing at least a jacket and jeans. After almost 20 years of riding I’ve never had any road rash and I’ve come off my ride more times than George Michael. (Sorry).

Any how, I need to get a new jacket so not worried about perforating the old one, also I haven’t seen any thing in the shops I’d buy over getting a new jacket made (only cost’s about $500 from memory).

So any advice or any thing off the shelf you think is not WAY over priced for a pile of c%@£!

2. I wear a teknic chicane perforated leather jacket. Cost me about $500 locally, though it is a LOT cheaper if you ship from the states.

I'm happy with it, looks good, is comfy, and it served me well in a lowside with very minor damage (as i'd hope for a leather bike jacket). The perforation is neat and flows a lot of air as long as you are moving.. though when you're stopped it's just as hot as the next leather jacket. I haven't had to give it a serious clean yet but I can imagine that picking out gooey bugs out of the perforations would be a real pain. :p

If you're looking for something a bit cheaper then I think you might be looking at more mesh/textile gear.
    Best of luck mate
  3. thanks tomm but thats my point with the off the shelf stuff. it must be about $500 to $700 at the most to get a custom made one. if i was to go for a off the shelf jacket it'd have to be cheaper so i think i might be looking it a mesh thingy
  4. collins leather is up your way somewhere? might be somewhere to start.
  5. brillant. i'll give them a try.

6. Perforated Leather is the only way to go, my A* stunt jacket is suitable about 9 months of the year. When really cold I pop a waterproof over, when really hot, just wet my sports shirt [skins] underneath. :cool:
  7. Dainese also make perforated leathers. For some crazy reason its near impossible to find in Australia though. I've bought a few things from there outlet in Belgium - highly recommend them.

If you know your size, it helps, if not the guys there are very useful.