Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Perforated leather pants or not?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by nickt, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Hi guys,

With my new bike I've been given $700 of free gear to pick from here: http://www.suzukimotorcycles.com.au/images/pdfs/JoeRocketApparel.pdf and I've decided on the GPX 2.0 gloves and the Speedmaster 5.0 leather pants.

They come in perforated and the normal versions, I guess perforated would be nicer for the summer, does it have any disadvantage over the standard version? would it be more likely to rip open and not last as long if I had an off or something? which would you recommend?

Cheers,

Nick.

2. for daily use, the small sacrifice in structural integrity of the leather is well worth it. besides, in all the main impact and slide zones, manufacturers will use solid leather anyways

3. I race with full perforated leathers, thoroughly tested. You will not get any advantage from solid leather at road speeds, but admittedly perforated is not very good in the rain.

4. Thanks a lot guys, I really wanted the perforated for summer. Rain doesn't bother me because I'd have my wet gear over it :)

Cheers.

5. yep, go with the perforated. If they are more comfortable to wear for more of the year, then you are more likely to wear them. That means more riding time with maximum possible protection. Thats a good thing.