Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"Penriff Chapter's" First Ride

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Finn, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Saturday was the first ride for what we jokingly call “NR Penriff Chapter”. (Current Members, x2. hehehe.)
    We ended up at Evans Look Out Blackheath and it turned out to be such a good ride, it had to be shared.

Riders hooked up at about 09:00 at Emu Plains Maccas and set off South down the Northern Rd to the Bike Gear Warehouse at Narellan.
    (I was in desperate need of a new pair of boots and some “reinforced/armoured” jeans because my MotoDry pants are killing me in this heat.)

Then it was head South back along the Northern Road, on to the Great Western Highway and up into the Blue Mountains to Evans Look Out at Blackheath. (West of Katoomba).

After a stop and some pics at the Look Out, we had lunch at Jemby-Rinjah Eco Lodge and the place was empty, which was excellent because it meant I didn’t have to wait long for a beer.

The Beer was cold, the food was five star (especially considering it was priced cheaper than Hogsbreath) and the Bush silence was heavenly after the wind noise from my KBC.
    We even had the local bird life practically sitting on our shoulders.
    If you’re ever up that way, (Evans Look Out Road Blackheath) I recommend you to stop in for lunch. 12-2pm. They’re rider friendly too.

As we were leaving, it was funny to see the reaction of our Hostess when I said, “I’ll definitely come back, but next time I’ll bring my wife”.

After that it was a leisurely ride back down the Mountain to our Starting point.
    I was in my drive way a little after 5pm.

It wasn’t a huge day, but it was one of those days when everything just comes together.
    The bike felt right and smooth. (Because I don’t get out all that much, some days I find that it takes me some time to settle down and get my shit together.)
    The weather was great, not a cloud in the sky with a slight breeze.
    The Roads were dry, but had been cleaned by a decent rain the day before and the company was excellent.

For lack of a better word, it was Sweet.

Also, If I can just say that if anyone’s ever looking for some one to hit the road with, I’d recommend you PM Tweetster.
    At one point after leaving Narellan, on the Northern Rd she had two Semi’s move over on her and she kept her cool. (Bastard Truckies).

We’re hoping to get a few more riders from the Penrith Area (but all are welcome of course) and make it a regular event. Possibly Monthly.

If anyone is interested, feel free to PM us.

Thanks for reading.

2. Wow!!.. you wrote all that!!.... =D>

Yes, it was a good day.... great weather, great ride and Uncle was good company too!. :wink: .. until he drank 2 cold beers in front of me!! :facepalm:

Yep!.. if anyone is up for a regular ride in the Penriff area, it would be good to hear from you and get a few of us together for a run :woot:

*sigh*.. I NEED a bigger bike!!! (soon, soon!!!!) .... :p
  3. Nice report uncle,

Isn't that just what motorcycling is all about.........

4. nice report, sounds like a wonderful day in the hills
  5. Great post, and a GREAT day had.

Good one!
  6. Cheers All.

Glad I could give you a giggle VCM. (y)
  7. Great photos and write up, sounds like a fun day!
  8. ill be in that! im from windsor but i cruise over to the riff all the time. hit me up! lol
  9. Nice write up, sounds like it was a good day. I'm from Penriff and up for a ride anytime. Let me know for next time.
  10. Yaaayyyyyy guys!!..... More additions to the Penriff Chapter!! =D> (well. ok.. 1 is a blow-in from Windsor!!:p)
  11. Must join you on one of these to lend a bit of southern class to the event :LOL:

No, seriously, being an old chef, I LOVE the sound of that restuarant (y).
  12. Yeah, I often get up around that way myself so I'll have to watch out. I do like the sound of that restaurant.
  13. argh!... trying to upload pic...
  14. Sounds like you two had a great "date" there....
  15. Ha. :LOL:

That's what the Waitress thought I'm sure.

The invite was there Grange.

Maybe next time big fella. :wink:
  16. ...some date!!! he didn't even offer to pay the bill!! :roll:

17. Sounds like a good day out for people that just want too enjoy riding there bikes within a group or with friends !!!
    Thats what it's all about champ ......
    look forward too joining in the next local ride UNCLE !!