Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

penalty for unregistered bike?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by HANDSY, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey all
    i have searched long and hard, here and the www and cant find the answer im looking for, it mite be somewhere and ive looked over it but have done quite a bit of reading. just wondering if anyone knows the fine for riding an unregistered bike, it is Road worthy, the rider is licensed (as of friday! yay) and its a 250cc for a learner so not out of restrictions. would there be a loss of any demerit points for this or jsut a fine? does anyone know how much the fine is as ive read from $100-$547?!?!?!?

2. i see you're in Vic so my answer wont help but in NSW it's a minimum of $540 going up to $2000+ depending on how the police officer feels about it.

also, they have licence plate recognition on their cameras so can pick you out from all the cars going by.

don't do it, its not worth it, re: insurance, licence, fines etc. just get it registered and then ride it.
  3. it's more than the cost of rego so yeah, $500+
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.