Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

penalty for riding above 250cc on restricted?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by geoffbickle, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Hi........just wondering if anyone knew the penalty for riding a bigger than 250cc bike in South Australia on R-Date ?

2. Usually if you get a cop in a good mood you can usually talk your way out of anything but a warning not to do it again, well thats what i found at least. Im pretty sure you can also apply for exemptions to the rule too.
  3. i should ring up and find out...im over my cbr250rr ... i need more power scotty!! ---- I guess it would be the same penalty if it was a 400cc or a 1litre superbike..
  4. Does the LAM'S Ruling apply to SA?? If so you can ride an RVF400 which is an AWESOME bike. Plenty of grunt, superb handling and they make awesome track bikes!!
  5. No.

Not as awesome as the late-model 600's you can get for the same sort of money.

Complianced 400's are a ripoff and will continue to be so until sufficient numbers of moneyed fashion victims have shelled out the eight and nine grand they go for and sold them on at an astronomic loss.

To the OP... it is generally not an accepted practice to ask someone to hold your hand while you do something illegal. The compulsion to do it is all yours. If you're going to act on it, do it on your own.
  6. Indeed - that's your biggest penalty, regardless of fines/points you might cop if you're caught. Have a stack, and you've got nothing. :p