Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Peel Road ???

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by kingy, Oct 11, 2011.

1. hey guys

in 3 weeks time i am heading off with my old man to Mudgee via Macquarie pass, Goulburn,oberon,Bathurst,Sofala then mudgee. Then from Mudgee back through to ligthgow then bells line of road on the way back to sydney..

i have heard that PEEL ROAD (between Bathurst and Sofala) is not a good road for bikes at all ... i belive it is Tar so i cant understand why. i have been told its very narrow and is only wide enough for 1 car so a head on is quite common on this road (but i cant find any info on this part of road).

any advice would be great .. cheers
  2. just did the peel road.. the peel road between bathurst and sofala is one of the best roads ever.. nice and easy long winding corners.... BTW BATHURST is the last fuel stop for 130ks we ran into a bloke in Sofala on a CBR who only had his reserve tank left.. i dare say he didnt make it to bathurst ...