Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pazzo lever installation issue

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by shaggy, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Hey everybody

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out.

I've just got a set of pazzo levers and have installed them on my brand new Kawka Z750.

The clutch side installed fine and is working beatifully! :grin:

But the brake on the other hand is causing me a few problems.

When installing the lever I lie the holes up, and put the bolt in, and the master cylinder is being slightly pushed on. Not enough to actually engage the brakes. Since the brakes weren't engaging I though that this would be fine...

... until the front brake locked up on me after about 3kms, while riding to work ! :shock:

I have since replaced the lever with the stock one and all is working fine again - but I really want to get the pazzo on there.

My theory is that the slight pressure on the master cylinder is building up over time while riding to eventually lock the front brake on. Does anyone know if this is correct?

If so is there any way that I can adjust the master cylinder pintson so that the lever isn't putting any pressure on it? Or am I going to have to shave to lever down to stop this from happening?

I've had a quick look at the service manual but couldn't see an easy way to fix this.

I've also emailed the place I got them to see if they can suggest anything - and yes I have double checked that they have sent the correct levers. :)

Sorry for the long winded post any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

2. Thanks for the tip! :)

I have just sent an email off to them as well.
  3. Carol,

You are a legend! Pazzo got back to me to say that the fitment for the Z750 has been updated in the last month and they have changed the part number for my bike. The shop that I bought them from must have had old stock with the wrong brake lever in it. :(

Now all I have to do is send them back to where I got them and get the correct lever! :grin:

Oh and for those that are looking at buying pazzo levers for the 2007 model Z750 the correct brake lever part number is F-21 even though pazzo's website still lists it as F-14. :evil:
  4. Glad to be of service!! :LOL: I've helped someone fix a bike problem that I know absolutely nothing about!!!!

Hope you got out today and got a chance to try them out.

:cry: They don't make them for my GPX - she sees them on Black Betty and cries...