Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Payback !!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by FormerUser1, Oct 19, 2005.

1. There it was…the dog-eared RACV envelope with a note on the back:
    Hi dad…please sent cheque (with MY name on the back) to HART, yaddayadda before Tuesday !!! I’ll pay you back Friday…
    Never having shown any interest in bikes whatsoever, the last 15 years had left her ignorant to the joys of motorcycling, the winter-projects of the garage, bikes and parts and accessories coming and going, people in leathers and helmets also coming and going…my feeble attempt to “con” her (you know, it’s ONE thing, sorta, and you’ll have 2 in one hit, think about it, might come handy one day….renting a scooter in Bali or somethun, you know… not another L/P lateron, blabla…) …. into doing her bike-license together with her car-license had failed miserably.
    Not interested…at all !!

And then this.

Still don’t know what happened, but….for the last 8 or so weeks a few Posties have graced the garage, put the first one on the road last week, Tim coming across from time to time, alternating between the KiloGixxer and the Postie…and always wearing a stupid grin when coming along on the ridiculously tiny (under his 6ft plus frame) Honda.

Or was it her mum’s: Hit 90!!! on the way back from Safeways, yeah…down that little hill (never knew there was a hill…??!?!?...on the bigger bikes, anyways...)
    Or her Uni-friends who reckon Posties are shit-hot ?

I’m scared, bloody scared. If she’s got any of her old-man’s blood in her veins, it’ll be mayhem, guaranteed!! Absolutely guaranteed!! No other way possible…
    Visions of digging her out of hedges/ trenches/ or the neighbours front yard/ Falcon Station Wagon after bowling-over the letterbox will be on the daily charts. Worse, too !!
    Hope she inherited another part of dad’s…..the luck to make it through without getting really hurt ….

To tell ya the truth…..i’m shittin’ myself, cursing myself for ever mentioning it, damning myself for ever, EVER, bringing home a farken Postie !!!!!!! or ANY other bike for that matter…

And I’m bludging off work now for an hour to meet her at the bike shops checking out some gear, yeeeeeha !!!! Cop ya after...
    :D :D :D :D
  2. Does that mean that there will be another strom in the garage? :)
  3. THERE'S AN IDEA !!!
    Still got a spare frame and some other bits...any suggestions for a 250twin engine? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  4. Not sure if congrats or commiserations are in order Pete...take your pick :)
  5. Think about it. No interest, then suddenly can't wait?
    It's a bloke. Some young buck has told her that bikes are kewl!
    Of course you've told her, but they never listen to their Dad about anything. Same words come out of a young fella they've got their eye on - BANG, it's a revelation!
    Dog help you :wink:
  6. titus gets the prize, picked it in one!
  7. Bingo!!
    But not just "some young buck".
    Dad showed her the Netrider website, and ever since she's been lurking on Netrider and sending PM's to a certain Netrider "some young buck" who Glitch will soon have to be sharing family dinners with!

That's my theory anways .... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  8. My son at a great age of 1.5yo has already expresed great intrest in bikes... every time he is in the garage he just picks up a tool and sticks it in a bike!! Just like his old man!! All bikes that come through my garage get a once over by him... Kids are so much fun...
  9. I kept asking her to stop calling me but she wouldn't listen. :shock:

just joking pete!
  10. Arrrr she'll be right, a few stacks never hurt anyone!
  11. The 12gauge sits on the topshelf....loaded !!!
    No biker-scum in this place....hmmm, oops :oops: :oops:
  12. Ohhh, noooo....your days as a chick magnet were over decades ago, keep dreaming :LOL: :LOL:
    (jeez, someone had to say it) :wink: :wink:
  13. Thanks !!!! That made it the 2. lot of "good" news today :roll: :LOL:
  14. I'd go with the explaination of a sudden coffee addiction and coming on netrider rides is the only way she can hide it. :D