Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pat's New Bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by PatB, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Well, it's done.

I went and put down a deposit on a new black Suzuki DR650 this morning. I pick it up on Saturday.

I've spent today ordering accessories. Racks, stainless bolts, handguards etc. A pipe and a big tank would be nice but I don't actually need them right now and the insurance payout won't quite stretch that far so I'm contenting myself with armouring it up against the hazards of commuting (corrosion and minor drops) for the time being.

An enjoyable bit of retail therapy as I've just had abdominal surgery and am feeling a bit sore and sorry for myself.

I'll be reviewing the bike and the various bits as and when I get a chance.

2. Sounds like a fun bike - nothing like a single!

There's an older guy gets around Brunswick and Carlton on one, has a big beard always revealed by his flipped-up helmet, and a walking stick in a home-made holder on the bike. Was chatting to him one evening outside the shops, and he got on his bike and...pushed a button and it started! They have electric start!!!

3. enjoy the DR - great go anywhere bike :cool:

Look forward to some dirty pics....

4. Don't you dare pick on me about my harem under the house Pat. You only just got another girl the other day, you cheeky bugger.
    Careful of the other half though, they tend to offer them to friends when you aren't watching.