Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Patches could be banned in NZ

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by greenguzzi, Mar 8, 2007.

1. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10427095

This isn't good.

2. Could be hard to enforce, as the clubs involved are companies as such.
    They are simply displaying the companies logo.

It cold be argued that it is a uniform, and necessary for corporate governance.

The expresso machine guy may be forbidden to have his logo on a shirt if this happens.
  3. We've already got the basis for a similar thing to happen here in Oz. The "anti-terror" legislation that was passed a while ago allows the government to declare ANY organisation "illegal" if it acts against the Government (this includes the Police). It also makes illegal "attempts to procure a change by non-legal means to the law of the Commonwealth" - so even illegal protests against the safety levy, lane-splitting, WRBs, etc. could get a motorcycle group declared illegal :shock:.
  4. Good luck enforcing it, they have no bloody chance. Some of these guys aer so removed from normal or square society it's not funny [seen some of their face tatts :shock: ] they will not give a fig what the cops say.

All it will do is cause more fights and hassles for the cops, of course the big knob at the top is going to say it's a great idea he's not out in the front lines :roll:

These guys wear the patch as a symbol of who they are, they kill and die over it.
  5. :jerk: good luck enforcing that :jerk:
  6. They'll just choose a particular colour of jacket/vest/pants to wear to indicate who they ride with.

Gang insignia?

Like the Australian flag at the Big Day Out, perhaps?
  7. Yep, good cool. Another example of useless legislation. Imagine being the poor copper trying to enforce that one! Uh, excuse me sir, but I'm going to have to take your colours....
  8. I mean good call!! :LOL: