Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Passed my P's :)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Respi, Mar 21, 2008.

1. I had my p's test yesterday at Clyde with Lez being my instructor.

Although I passed with flying colours I must confess I was pretty fricken nervous and had concerns i'd fail because I couldn't u turn without dropping a foot during practice.

What I didn't realise is the lez tightened the box right up on purpose to make us really focus on nailing the u-turn.

When it came to the test he pushed all the cones etc back to the normal distance which now seemed to easy for us all and we all passed with 0 points.

It was a great technique, a great instructor and a really good bunch of people in my group. The course is easy as long as you focus on the instructions given you'll all do just fine when your time comes.

Now i'll I need is for someone to buy my former pride and joy of me so I can go and test ride 3 bikes which i've been desperate to ride.

Cafe Racer
    Speed triple

which one i'll buy is unknown but i'm hoping the cafe racer is as sweet to ride as it is to look at.

Cheers & good luck!

2. Firstly, congrats.
    And I think most instructors do similar thing - where they make you practice much harder things so the tests seem easy.
  3. Yeah I knew that but when he didn't let wind of it I just assumed that's the way it was going to be. I think the nerves = brain fart.
  4. grats mate! now display that cop beacon (your P plate) clear and proud! :p
  5. no p's for me.. thank god!!

I got straight to a full licence as i'm over 30 ;)
  6. Congrats to you..

Mmmm, Brutale .. :twisted:
  7. ohhh lucky... i was wondering how you were able to go straight to a brutale on your p's

congrats! i'm taking my test soon, any hot tips?
  8. yeh ditto....

im really nervous about taking my P's test... i got my license a while ago but i only bought a bike a month ago...

should i get more experience first?
  9. Practice what's in the test, then when you feel confident practice some more, then book in.
    I faced my test with one thing in mind - if I fail I just do it again...

When they start killing off people who don't pass things the first time, then you can worry. :p
  10. Congrats Respi.

I did my P's at Loftus and they also made the u-turn box smaller for the practise runs. Made the real test easy.

Can you PM me about your bike.

11. grats on passing ur p's mate, just one more year till u can upgrade ;)
  12. Monster_B: Respi is over 30 and i assume on his 'gold' car license. Which in NSW means no P plates. ie L's --> P's test --> straight to unrestricted (with the exception of not being able to carry a pillion passenger for 12 months). So he can go to whatever bike he wants.
  13. thanks for the props lads.

Well I've booked in my test rides for all three bikes this saturday and cannot wait to to get back o nthe road as my bike sold over the weekend.