Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Passed my License assessment GLS

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Kawasakiboy, Aug 26, 2016.

1. So today I passed my motorcycle License assessment GLS!!
    I found it quite easy and straightforward thanks to previously doing the check-ride GLS which for me wasn't compulsory as I received my learners before the new laws were enforced, but I thought it would be worth it and it was recommended.

I found the assessment very simple. but I do ride everyday and also being able to use my own bike, I guess helps a lot too. The on the road part was very simple the instructor just wants to see how aware you are of your surroundings, how you position yourself on the road in different situations and if you are doing head checks as well as the obvious..(indicating, not stalling or losing control)

I was also very excited to hear that I now jump from my L's to having to show no plates on my bike and not having to wear a Hi-Vis vest anymore! But im still under the LAM's scheme.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Congrats mate :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Great work!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Well done mate :cool:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Congrats! Happy days!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Congrats...
    I also recently passed my test.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Congrats!
    I have the check ride tomorrow, should be interesting.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Cool, where about's did you do your license test?
  9. Well done! I did mine on Wednesday (in SA). No plates for me either - just LAMS for 12 months. :)
  10. Mine was at Armstrong's in Thomastown.
  11. Ah ok, I originally did my learners there 8 or so years ago but they expired.
    Just returned to riding had to go through the newish system :/
    Re did my learners at sandown racecourse and did my license at HART kilsyth
    • Like Like x 1