Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by FBI, Dec 4, 2008.

1. #1 FBI, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015

^ just a quick video of the new bike, the mobile phone microphone just doesn't do it justice! It sounds brilliant.

I'd be out riding it already, except dumbshit that I am, I dropped a tv on my foot (while barefoot) and almost broke it, I can barely walk :oops:

Just a quick question though, what the hell is a pass switch? :oops: It's on the handlebars, on the left hand side.
  2. #2 VCM, Dec 4, 2008
    Throws your high-beams on, for when wanting to pass I guess
  3. Great name for the dog :)
  4. If the switchbox on the left handlebar is the same as mine, the pass button brings on high-beam for as long as you hold it down.
  5. It flashes the headlight up to high beam while you hold the switch. It's apparently used to let people in front of you know that you're going to pass them.

They should know that from the moment they see a bike in their mirror.

Your bike sounds like a dog. Get it seen to. :grin:
  6. Haha thanks, it's not mine. I can't stand little rat dog things.. if it barks at you, and you're not scared, it's not a real dog :p

I could have figured out it was a highbeam switch.. makes sense doesn't it.. but I was sitting on the bike imagining when I was testing it =P
  7. #7 nickt, Dec 4, 2008
  8. Be careful how you use the pass button. Since you don't know what it means, don't assume that anyone else on the road does either. Usually a flash of the 'beams in aus is used to tell someone it's safe to pull out and that your giving way to them. 2 flashes to an oncoming car means there's coppers or a hazard ahead, and one long flash means your an asshole looking for a fight.
  9. You're right! For one flash, any visitor from the UK will think your message is "It's OK, go ahead, I'll wait", when really you're saying "You idiot - get out of the way!" :p