Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pass the 600's now on to 1000's

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by rhinotr2000, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Finally sold off my R6 yamaha and purchased myself a GSXR 1000 K6 gunmetal grey.

My first 1000cc the power is amazing compared to other 1000's that i have ridden even the newer ones.

but quick comparision.

Ridden
    GSXR 1000 K8 no power in the low end
    CBR1000 2008 no ower in the low end
    R1 yamaha 2010 feels like Vtwin but when you hit power band its hold on

From transition I did find that 600's are so much lighter then the 1000's wasn't able to flick that bike around as much as I would like to. But the power available i wouldn't trade it for any other bike. The R6 sounds like its a gear short and a 250's are just buzz boxes. I grew up building my levels from 250's to 600s and now finally to 1000's gave me great foundation on how to handle the bike and respect its power

2. Congrats mate. have fun!

3. piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiics

4. nice aquisition.
    Most of the 1000s have pretty low torque down low, especially if you do mods like slip on pipes and not get them tuned.
    I put a pair of slip-ons on my bike, even though the manufacturer says no extra tuning is required, the bike had 1/2 the torque under 3000 rpm. The power advantage happens over 7000. Bike needed a power commander and dyno tune to get the most out of the pipes and restore the low end grunt :)