Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Parts for the VF

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Screamin TE, Jun 7, 2005.

  1. Hey Guys,
    I have been doing a bit of work on my VF1000F and have snapped one of the tee pieces that supplies fuel from the fuel pump to the carbies. It is the one that sits at the bottom in between the rear bank left hand, and the front bank left hand carby.
    Does anyone have one lying around, or know where i might get one?

    This is the only thing that is stopping me from firing the beasty up and i am quite cut at that. The motorcycle wreckers up here are as intelligent as pond scum and about as helpful too.

    You guys have been very helpful in my short time here with all my noob type questions, and your help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,
    Happy riding,
    Chris :)
  2. any auto shop will sell plastic tees of various sizes or some auto shops even sell steel or aluminium 1's only a coupla bucks too.
  3. Golf shop :LOL:
    only kidding

    Repco has them as well as marlows/ supercheap auto
    or see a local mechanic he will have some laying around .
  4. 750 will also fit from memory.
  5. unfortunately, it isnt a tee piece that you connect a hose to on all three connections. There is a barbed part for the fuel delivery hose to fit onto, the the to other ends have an o-ring on them, and they slide into a recess in the carbys.

    It could never be as easy as buying one. GGGRRRR
  6. Sounds like you might need a genuine one....

    I can't remember that piece, although I must have pulled them off at some stage....

  7. Take a picture and post it..

  8. It's a Honda, it's supposed to be technically brilliant not easy.