Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Parts for Piaggio group Scooters

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Dark_Angel_6, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Can anyone recommend a good place to get parts for Piaggio scooters south of Perth?

My reason for asking is, I got off the train today on my way home from work and Found my beloved Gilera Runner 200VXR had been vandalized at the train station. It looks like they tried to steal it as the steering lock had been forced off, but they also smashed the tail light and the speedo. Why would someone do something like this? I'm sitting here staring at whats left of the right had indicator and don't know if I want to cry or the person who did this and...... anyway I'm ranting and I don't mean to.

So back on topic, can anyone recommend a good place to get parts and possibly check for any more damage. I know Franzone Motors deals with the Piaggio group but it's a bit far for me to go from Kwinana, and all the local bike shops deal mostly in Japanese and Chinese scooters and give me puzzled looks when they see a European scooter :? .

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as I love my scoot and want her back to her pristine condition.
  2. Sorry to hear mate, some people aren't worth wasting a bullet on! :(

For parts, I would try a wreckers first, it may take you more time & the parts will not be brand new, but you will save a lot of money. However, if you need in as new condition, new parts may be your only option.

If you need new parts, ring around a few shops, finds out who stocks the stuff, probably the easiest way

Good Luck!
  3. Mate I dont think your going to find anywhere terribly convenient to Kwinana....mind you you'd be used to that living down there :) :) :)

I'd call into The Scooter Shop in Freo (opposite Officeworks on Queen Victoria St) and speak to the guys there. Unfortunately with the Runner, it is very unlikely that anyone would stock parts, but obviously they could be ordered in. If your keen to do things yourself, have a hunt around on Ebay.
  4. thanks for your help guys, my partner rang around today and ended up finding a UK website www.gileraspares.co.uk that stocks all the parts I need. Even found some a nice looking aftermarket speedo/tacho kit for my scoot. Looks like time for a few mods maybe. :grin:

I didn't think I'd find many places locally that stock parts, I had enough trouble just finding a Gilera keyring when I first bought the Runner

Anyway, thanks again and hopefully my next post will be a bit more upbeat. :)
  5. Yep they're very much the sort of scoot that teaches you to be fairly mechanically able yourself :)