Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured Parts for Kawasaki LTD 250

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Riley_max, May 9, 2015.

1. So I just got a Kawasaki ltd 250 (not sure what year as it was free)
    I have a fair bit of work to do to it but I'm going to use it as my learners bike
    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where I could get parts for it? So far I need a new throttle cable, seat, mirrors and new switches and doohickeys for the lights, indicators etc (both sides)
    I still haven't had a big look so I'm not entirely sure what else I need
    Don't know if it starts or not, battery is dead and throttle cable is snapped so I can't roll start it to much avail
    Engine isn't seized though which is great

Any suggestions would be great!

2. welcome aboard :] that sounds like a big job good luck with it best I can offer is your local motorcycle wreckers or wreckers who will post it
  3. Hi Riley_max and welcome.
    I resurrected a z250 twin as my first bike too. Simple bikes and easy to work on.
    When looking for parts, keep in mind that a lot of parts are common (or very similar) across the kawasaki's of this size/period - z250, z305, z440 etc. So there are often parts listed on ebay etc that will work for your bike but listed under a different model.