Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Parts cost

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by traveller, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Hi All

Just wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what the cost of sprockets a chain and a new front tyre would be to to get done by a mechanic. Im up for these things on my next service as well as the rest on my cbr rr 250.
    Thanks for the heads up everyone
    cheers in advance

2. Strictly ballpark as you haven't given much info:

$250 for chain and sprockets
    $80-120 for fitting (depends on mech)
    $125 for the tyre
    $30 for fitting tyre

Service could be anything depending on what needs to happen.
  3. would recomend doing ur own chain and sprockets... its pretty much idiot proof.. and saves more money
  4. tyre fit for free..

last week had rear tyre fitted for free on my gsx750, charged 259 to supply and fit to rear. michelin pilot r2.
    Bikes Plus on kielor rd nth essendon, just up from the round about near the Linc hotel

just cleaned my chain and sprockets after reading the post here, looks easy enough to replace, just see if you need to have bolts torqued or not, if you have a wrench, all good, if not, maybe keep an eye out on this site for a spanner night??
    or maybe offer your place asking if anyone would show you and others how it's done??

good luck