Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Part of the Club finally.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Danesh, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Heeelllooooooo one and all,

Been a member of this site for the past 2-3months, just reading and doing a lot of research on bikes and getting in all your views on different topics. It has been very helpful and very informative.

I am proud to say that after doing all that reading and thinking i got my Learners Permit 2 days ago. Looking into selling my car now and using some of that money to buy a bike. Anway just wanted to shout out a thanks to all, you should be seeing more of me on this site and hopefully on ride days when i get my machine. Cheers

2. Welcome Aboard mate !
  3. Welcome to bikes.
    Selling your dry mode of transport is a big call :LOL:

Whats the prize for guessing where you're from :?:
    If it's not a competition stick it in your profile :!:
  4. Welcome!

I've just done the exact same thing. Got my L's at the beginning of Jan, sold my car at the end of Jan and bought a bike the same day. (Was only driving ~200km per month so didn't see the point in having a car).

Have only had the bike for less than two weeks and only ridden a handful of times, but my confidence and comfort levels are increasing rapidly.

Just got back from a 90 minute practice session that included a bit of slow maneuvering, emergency braking and emergency counter-steering. As soon as I got off the bike, I wanted to go out again. :grin:

Sorry for the semi-ramble, just wanted to share my enthusiasm! :LOL:

Make sure you update your location and your bike details when you buy one.