Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW parking ticket at royal botanic gardens

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by MorganCarr, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Guys,

Ive read a number of posts here and hav never had an issue before, but the ther week i parked at the royal botanic gardens sydney.

now these are the 4 hour bays but the ones with the machines where you have to enter the specific bay youre in etc. i.e bay 4.

So essentially the ranger has come alng, checked I havent paid and given me a ticket.So ,

1) are these different from the normal other CBD 4 hour bays where you dont have to pay for a motorbike

2) Am i completely wrong about not having to pay in these bays ?

3) Has anyone fought this/similar in court and won. I mean my defence isnt that i dindt do it, it would be that there is an exemption for motorbikes.

Thanks Morgan
  2. Until someone can offer a more definitive answer try searching. I believe it's come up here before and it is different there but that is just a vague recollection from some dude on the interwebs.
  3. This came up about a week ago, search for the thread.
  4. it's not the sydney council, so you gotta pay for it.

however, they don't have adequate signage... i forget if he won or lost? do a search :)
  5. LOL, my earlier thread on this said it is a special area and bikes can't park in car spots unless you pay. there are heaps of bike spot areas designated...use them instead. I paid my $178 fine.....
  6. I ~think~ he got it thrown out but the court fees were 2x$79 and ended up being more than the ticket anyway (lolololol).

Weigh it up. Parking isn't free there.