Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW Parking in Waverley - petition

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by RacingTurtles, Jul 28, 2013.

1. There's a petition going around to get Waverley council (possibly the most rapacious council of them all) to follow City of Sydney's example in adopting free parking for bikes.
    So with the usual disclaimer about low effectiveness of on-line petitions... I think it can't hurt to sign.

2. Done, suggested they take the risk ad adopt footpath parking. Good luck with it.

Cheers Jeremy
  3. Just saw it and signed it.. surprised as how few actually signed it. Don't people want to be able to park their bikes hassle free in Bondi Beach?
  4. At the the risk of sounding like Jonhy-come-lately I spotted a couple of articles pertaining to the parking issue.

One in particular

I enjoyed reading a quote from Waverley Mayor Sally Betts

She said she would not support the idea of allowing motorcyclists to park for free, going on to say that motorbikes take up the spaces that cars should have, and that motorbikes park in the middle of car spaces.

Makes me wonder if she has her head so far and deep in her a..e to even see a motorcycle in real life.

Council purports that it has been advised by the Roads and Maritime Services that it is illegal to exempt motorcycle riders from buying tickets, but it seems this is a misleading falsehood, as City of Sydney, Parramatta, Blacktown and Wollongong Councils all adopt policies allowing ticketless parking for motorcycles up to the posted time limit.