Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Parking in Milton?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by ~DadAgain~, Nov 7, 2010.

1. I'm applying for a job in Milton - but am concerned about the parking situation.

Does anyone here know of any legal free street parking options nearby? I worked in Milton once before and frankly it was a f&^king pain in the ass - but lots of people manage it - so HOW do you do it?

2. I work in the street behind suncorp stadium in milton, i'm very lucky as there is a free spot for my bike underneath the work building. The guys who don't get parks at work have to park on-street in the surrounding streets, one of them got fined last week because he was in a 2 hour zone.

I don't really know if there even is a legal and safe parking option in milton. I think there are some streets with no limit on time but i suppose ultimately it depends on how far you want to walk to your car.
  3. I was at Park Road for breakfast last week and noticed there were several bike parking areas around that part of Milton - in Douglas Street, on the left heading to Park Road, in front of office complex there. Pretty sure they're free, and not too-pushed for space.
  4. It's mostly 2 hour zone.. i'm pretty sure most of Milton is classified as business district so you either find a meter or move your bike every second hour.
  5. Dependign on which building you're working in...
    find a small spot hidden out of the way around the base of the building for your bike
    make friends with building security, or perhaps the guys who control the delivery garage door
    My head office in Milton actually has parking and the bike doesnt take up much room