Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Parking in Manly (Sydney, NSW)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by biceps, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Hi,

The only motorcycle parking i'm aware of is outside the styene. Asides this spot, are there any other places where i can park?

I tried doing a search, but was unsucessful.

Speaking of parking - i noticed the otherday, bikes were parked on phillip street. It doesnt look like an official park spot (coz it says no stopping... and someone's put red electric tape over the sign). I just wanted to know if anyone on this forum has parked there, and whether you have been booked.

Also, i wanted to vent myself. Did anyone park at world square this wednesday? There was a damm mini cooper in the motobike parking. It took up about 5 or so spaces. I did laugh at the fact that other bikers parked their bike so that the cooper was blocked in. I hope he got a fine.

2. Steyne only dedicated spots I know of close to Corso, except for along the beachfront there are bike spots in front of the norfolk pines and even some smaller bays as well.
  3. Cheers TC.

I rang up manly council just then. The operator said there was no time limit inside the council car parks, and that i should be given a fine. She wasnt too sure about the metered parking (ie the ones on the beachfront) and put me onto a ranger to confirm everything, but i got his voicemail so i hung up.