Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Paper Motorbikes

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by boz, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Browsing around and found this:
    http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/realistic/index.html

You can make 'paper motorcycles' - download the template, and fold away. Even have the 50th anniversary yzf-m1 ridden by rossi / edwards

I guess this isn't the type of multimedia that this section intended, but paper is another media mode, and thus I thought it was the most suitable forum.

2. thats FUGGIN COOOL!! :shock:

i'm gunna get started on the XJR tonight :D

3. GOLD!

I'm leaving work now to go home and assemble mine :LOL:

4. What a pisser! They have an SR400! I can start customising all over again.

Now I just need to find a site with a tiny paper lathe, welder, drill press...

5. well they did have a tool kit and a few spare tyres on the R1 one :LOL:

yeah, the SR looks cool huh, that was gunna be project number 2. love having a colour laser printer :D

6. And check out their "Rare Animals" at

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/global/entertainment/papercraft/animal/world/index.html

Plus insects and a heap of other stuff!

I can see dad and the kids will be occupied for LOTS of weekends to come

"Dad, can you cut out this shape for me"
    "Ahh...not right now mate, I'm right in the middle of doing the suspension. Anyway, you're four now, you know how to use the Xacto knife, don't you?"

7. how cool man thanks. should kill some time while im at work tommorrow

8. Work tonight , yea right . I'm making paper motorbikes . 8) 8)

9. Beware of paper cuts, peoples!

10. Don't joke, I saw a guy lose his arm once!

11. I built the paper R1 when I was recovering from an incident with a ute a couple of years ago. I reckon I would have spent about 150 hours to finish it. All the time is in cutting out all those damn little bits. My Ex bet that I wouldn't finish it & I gotta agree -takes a fair bit of determination. Good luck. Oh, I've got photos to prove it :D

12. All jokes aside (in here??? never!) it looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for pointing it out.

13. hhhmmmm who's doing an A3 version (other than me)????

14. Now if I could just find myself a big enough printer I could make myself a life-size replica

15. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/WideFormat/WideFormatDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Overview&oid=-12805&category=Wide+Format+Printers :p

16. yamaha...........what about the honda's :cry:

17. The reformed EVERYTHING Creed

I've cut out booze
    I've cut out fags
    I've cut out bad women
    ..and now I'm cutting out paper (Bikes) dolls!!!!

What a hoot, talk about a test of patience

and if anyone's got a wide format printer, what a goldmine, print out for the folks, and charge them for your time, and freight!

I didn't find any cut out pit crews, or, worse, any cut-out Umbrella Girls, though :cry:

18. Cool, got to make me the XJR1300. Will have to find the airbrush and give it a custom paint job, must find the matte black paint as well, carbon fibre slip on pipes here we come...:LOL:

19. that is awesome! pretty high effort factor though. hope someone makes one and can post pics

20. how much r those????