Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pannier Boxes for GS500F

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by boxman, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Are these available, if so where from?

In the wise opinion of many here would I be better off with the soft Ventura ones?

2. gs panniers

I've just got delivery of a set of Rjays sport panniers (softies).. Just figured out how to fit them on the GS. They fit pretty goood, dont flop around. Haven't used them on a trip yet, suspect they might be better for a weekend trip rather than a month, if you get what I mean.
  3. I guess it depends on how long you think you'll keep the bike. I went with soft ones:

And they've done the job thus far. I figured I'll likely get another bike within a year or so, and if it's another roadie they'll be easily used on pretty much anything. If I decide to go the big tourer or dual sport route then I'll think about hard luggage.
  4. Phojomark - What brand/model soft panniers and seatbag do you have in that pic? I am going away on a 2 week tour soonish and want to get some decent storage for my GS.

5. Falcon - the panniers and tail bag are Tour Pak. A guy in Melbourne sells them on ebay. Check here: http://stores.ebay.com.au/mictheaussie

I found them pretty good value as you don't have to spend a fortune to get pretty decent carrying capacity. Stacks of room - I was easily able to carry for two without expanding anything when we went on a one week trip recently.
  6. Thanks Phojo - I have ordered the same setup.