Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Painting motorcycle helmets?

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by damov, Nov 27, 2005.

1. What I want to know is there anywhere around sydney or elsewhere that I can send my pillon helmet to be resprayed black, that is safe and is an authorized job. I have seen the odd add in motorcyle mags about custom paintjobs etc so any thoughts?

Its has loads of scratches but has never been dropped. Most of the scrathes were caused by my dumb girlfreind at the time who was spinninng it on the concrete outside of a servo one time !!! Imagne the words that came out of my mouth.
  2. Is it a plastic or fibreglass/multi fibre helmet? If it is a plastic one I would not even think about painting it.
  3. I think its figreglass or multe fibre it says inside the helmet "outer shell constructed of A.B.S" whatever that means. Its a THH helmet.

The inner lining and padding is in really good condition seeing that it has been only used as a service station spin top by my ex mainly!
  4. Nah, ABS is plastic so don't even think about it.
  5. OK then thanks for the advice.