Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Painting Fairings (MELB)

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by zan, Mar 16, 2012.

1. I'm looking to paint the bottom fairing on my GPX 250 black:

I've rung around a few places and I'm getting quoted $200+ which seems a bit out of my price range. I'm looking to spend about the $100 mark (is that unreasonable?)

Can anyone vouch for someone around the Melbourne area that can do this for my price range?

If not, I've also considered painting it myself, and to save even more money, use spray cans. Does this guide seem reasonable?

It's only my learner 250 so I'm not too picky (as long as its black), but I don't want to spend too much money either.

2. I'll paint it for ya for $100, I'll even mask up the areas you don't want paint. You'll have to supply the paint of course.

Pop down to Bunnings & select about 4 cans of the colour you require & get back to me.

In all seriousness, yes, $100 is way too cheap, especially if you want a quality job. If you don't want a quality job, well, let me know. :grin:
  3. Seems about right, i got a quote to spray a repaired crack where my windshield mounts on the fairing around $200, so for a whole fairing part that's pretty good in my books.
  4. I thought $200 is pretty good. Paint is expensive, and prep is a pain in the butt.

I've never seen a rattle can job that was any good. As soon as a stone/fly/twig hits the paint it comes off. Proper paint has to be applied with pressure as far as I understand it.
  5. Alright thanks for the replies guys, taken all into consideration.