Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Paint Quality

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Timmy32, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Not sure if this is the right place to put this. But anyway I am curious if the actual paint is better on more expensive bikes. For instance my Ninja 250 has black paint which I love, however even though I take alot of care to wash my bike well using 2 buckets so that dirt isn***8217;t rubbed into paint it swirls up alot, leaving it not so good looking! :censored:

So would say a Zx6r have the same problem? Obviously it will still gets swirls in the paint but I am hoping not as much. Or is black just a difficult colour to keep looking brand new?

2. Yes, the more expensive bikes have better paint. The paint on my Honda is great quality. No swirls etc. MY 250 had sh1thouse paint.
  3. Although price may be an indicator I don't know if paint quality and finish is necessarily determined by price.

I'd say it would more depend on the manufacturer and the factory it was made in.

I've seen plenty of high end BMWs and Mercs with crap paint finishes, all orange peeley etc.
  4. The paint on my two Kwaks wasn't great, in fact the Z1000 was scratched on the tank before I finished my first ride on it.
    I think it comes down to manufacturer not model, as Hobbsie said.
    Flagship Hyo will have sh1te paint compared to a budget Honda.