Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Paint protection?

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by bambam_101, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Hey all,

I know im being fussy cos its a brand new bike but being black, she shows up all the swirls and minor scuffing. Is there anything out there that can prevent this from happening on to my paint?

I dont want to use a cut and polish and eat into the paint. Im primarily concerned about the tank as its in my view everytime i ride and to be honest, seeing marks in the paint shits me to tears!!

I guess im kinda after a polish that wont eat into the paint and leave a film of clear so any swirling from washing or rubbing etc will mark that and not the paint. Any suggestions?

2. There is a guy who sprays on a protective coating on your bike. I dont have his card on me right now, but I shall look for it and get back to you.
  3. My bike is black and it used to shit me to tears...you can try a decent tank protector but i found it wasn't wide enough, there are also stick on skins available that you apply to the knee indentations to protect the tank there, I bought a pair and they looked shit and were always lifting off...in the end I got a bagster tank cover and tank bag...covers the whole tank, looks decent and the tankbag just unclips so you can use just the cover...come to think of it i have only used the bag maybe 3 times...lol
  4. Use Plexus (plastic polish). It gets rid of all your swirls and with a microfibre cloth, shines the ass off your ride!!

I use it on aircraft that I fly to get rid of the swirl scratches in the windshield.

5. A good wax polish or glaze will help a LOT. The best I have tried is 3M Professional Glaze. It's about $30 per bottle and not generally available at shops, but any good hard glaze should do ($15-20 per bottle at car accessory shops)
  6. apply a coat of Meguairs Scratch X and follow by NXT Tech Wax, it works wonder! :)
  7. Paintshield

I have no ideas what it is, how it works or if it is good, but that is what you were thikning about Pinki? ;)
  8. Yeah Ive used that on my planes before. Never made much of a difference but maybe thats cos the screens on the old cessnas and warriors were already rooted!

Will give it a shot and if not, try a few others.

9. I think u are after, dark swirl remover, Its basicly a very very fine cuting compound and then glazing polish.
    I use it in addition to rubbing (cutting) compound when painting dark colours, then glazing polish and some more glazin.

Go check at your local paint automative supplies place.