Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Paint Frame And Metal Details, What Paint?

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' at netrider.net.au started by MattiasL, Oct 31, 2012.

1. As I wrote in an earlier thread I started to paint my Motorcycle with Killrust but it did not work very well.
    What paint do you suggest I use for these areas (see pic)?
    I want to paint with a matt black colour and it does not have do be a perfect master result.

I have used rust converter on the areas photo(5).JPG photo(6).JPG photo(7).JPG as the metal was slightly rusted.

/Mattias

2. Stay away from enamels and epoxy based paints, these take for ever to cure properly and chalk up easily.

The best satin black money can buy in an aero is K&H bumper and Trim paint, it's awesome stuff! I've never liked VHT, very over rated and low quality product. An acrylic based product is what you are looking for.

3. K&H stuff is good - but I've never had any problems with VHT.

I've used the chassis paint I linked to before on cars and never had any problems - even when I used it on a galvanised bumper. I've also gotten 6-7 years out of their brake caliper paint (and even then there was only a couple of spots that I needed to touch up).

4. Thanks guys!

I had a quick look for K&H products here on the Gold Coast but as with everything else here I cannot find anyone who sell the products.

5. Hmm, went to have a look at the K&H website and it no longer exists. Seems they're yet another company that's been taken over by 3M - the Microsoft of the chemical world.