Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Paint Codes and Fairing Touch Ups

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by presti, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Hey guys.

When i bought my bike, it had been dropped on the left side and the fairings are scratched. I've noticed some little scratches around the bike, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a shop or business that does a good deal on re-paints or touch ups. My bike (i believe) isn't a standard colour, its a red.

So i dont know the colour code to even get a little container to touch up some small scratches. Im sure a professional could match the colour well.

Also, when you get it painted can you pay for them to get the stickers and put them back on or do you have to do it yourself?

Thanks guys,

2. Could try your local bike shop, mine gave me the number of the paint touch up guy they use, he matched the wifes bike perfectly without colour codes
  3. My first bike was prepped and sprayed at Melbourne Motorcycle Fairings and I can tell you that the job they did was SHITE!!

I had lots of cracks appearing in the fairings where the above guys had plastic welded, but very shoddy plastic weld by only heating up the cracks and joining, likely using a soldering iron or similar?
    Then when I had all of the cracks properly plastic welded, I had the stickers removed to be resprayed, and when the stickers were peeled off that the above guys put on, the paint underneath pulled off with the stickers. I wouldn't recommend there work to anyone!! :censored:

However, I would HIGHLY recommend Parkmore Smash Repairs, 218 Cheltenham Rd, KEYSBOROUGH. Phone: (03) 9798 6560

These guys resprayed my bike, and the job was done properly, quickly and at a really good price!

4. Thanks Az, yeah i might give them a call when my car gets back from the workshop, was rear ended and is about to undergo repairs so im on the bike all the time now.

Thanks guys :)
  5. I used to have a Panel Shop & can tell you that bike manufacturers don't supply paint codes!
    I had a full PPG Cobra system & had to find the closest I could from car paints & match from there!
    And yes, a lot of shops just melt the plastic with a soldering iron! Thats NOT plastic welding!!! Although with the right prep & filler rod can still be welded that way.