Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Pain from liner clips

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Milpool, Jun 11, 2016.

1. I've been getting bad pain in my temples around the 1 hour mark when riding its usually worse on one side (not always the same side). I've had a bit of a look and it seems to be the plastic clips on the removable cheek liner that clips it in place that's pushing into my head. It's a Shoei TZ-X and aside from this the shape and size is perfect. I've tried putting a tiny bit of extra foam there to pad it out a bit more but it's barely changed how much it hurts. It's to the point where I can't concentrate properly.

I was thinking of just cutting the clips out because there are two other clips holding the liner in place, although is this not recommended? I don't want to get a different size cheek pad because aside from this problem they fit really well, nice and tight without being uncomfortable.