Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Paging Dr. Dumbass

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by ad91on, Feb 7, 2011.

1. So I took my motorbike to work today because I have no spares for my pushbike. I had a bad feeling about it already as I realised, got out of my lycra into my leather and changed bags over etc etc.

I so nearly get to work (bondi junction westfield) and I'm doing a u-turn at the roundabout on the far end of grafton st to get into the top level, executive parking for motorcycles, and going about 10kms an hour, manage to drop my bike while turning.

It was literally a drop. No movement. Just bang on the floor.

Needless to say, i was like "WTFOMG$$$###@@@" etc and yanked my leg out from under the bike. Friendly stranger helped me pull her back up, petrol on the road, some eastern suburbs wanker honking their tank's horn, bike starts again after a few turnovers and I'm off and parked.

Happened all so quick i hardly remember it.

I might have cared more if the bike was pristine, but the beastly 1992 suzuki across isn't exactly in peak condition.

Now, the front fairing is broken even more! yay!!!

Anyway, i'm fine, the bike seems to be fine... Just a bit pissed that i broke my stack-virginity in such a lame way really!
  2. I did a similar thing with my V-Strom except I was in the office carpark, and and wasn't moving at all when I dropped it.......I had it turned on full-lock and was about to move backwards into a parking space when I over-balanced on one side and my leg slipped and I couldn't hold it up any longer and had to let it go down....with me under it.

Snapped the end off my brake lever, and smashed the right indicator cover into about 10 pieces.....

Worst part was I couldn't lift it back up on my own and had to goto the shop next to the office and ask for some help......
  3. You already had the wrong mindset and self fulfilled your prophetic feelings