Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Paddock Stands [Borrow]

Discussion in 'Wanted' at netrider.net.au started by JXD, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys,

In the next 3 weeks or so I will be getting my new fairings in for my bike and will be stripping my bike to clean out and chuck the new fairings on :rolleyes:

I want to hold off from buying my own paddock stands until I have an actual use for them + I want to get good quality ones to last me a lifetime which means I'd buy $$$ ones.

If, anyone is willing to lend me a rear paddock stand for a week (not for another fortnight or so) that would be brilliant. Not sure what I can give back in return (possibly a 6pack?) but hopefully someone is generous enough to just lend me it =]

I will pickup and return the stand myself. I will give you my details and what not if you like so i dont run off with ur stand etc.

I'm in the south east (Bentleigh) but I'm willing to travel if need be.

Let me know if this is a possibility.

2. If you get really stuck send me a mesage. I have a new stand only used a few times that is height and width adjustable (Anderson stand), but depending on weather and when some parts get here I may be using it. If not, we might be able to work something out.

3. Cheers. Sounds good. I wanna hold back from using bricks or a car jack . .

4. Was getting a tyre repaired this morning and the shop had decent looking stands raging from $90-$130 as well.

5. Hey JXD, I've got one you can borrow for a couple of weeks. It's one with those "L" shaped brackets, not the bungs. It's a little ratty, but will do the job no problem. I'm in West Brunswick, but I'll be takin my little lad down past your way to see his great grandparents next Sunday, so can drop it in to you, if you can make sure your home around that time. PM me with you address and telephone number and we can work out the details...;)

6. Hey JXD. I'm in Ormond and have one here that I don't use. If you need it just PM me.

7. Thanks guys.

Thanks ogden, i'll use you as my last resort as I can't be here on Sunday week as I work Sundays. I won't need it for another week or 2 anyway when my fairings get into aus.

I'll get back to you shortly :)

8. Good to see so many people willing to give a helping hand to a person in need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.