Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Paddock stand

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by cront, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Hi everyone,

I was at a track day on the weekend and a guy had a paddock stand that was a front and rear combined. He couldn't remember the name of the guy he got it from and I haven't been able to find it online.

It works something like this:

It had a track he rolled the bike onto and at the front there were two plates attached to wires. As the front wheel pushed the plates down the wires pulled up the pickups, one for the front forks and and one on the rear sets.

Has anyone seen this and/or know where I can get one from?

2. #3 blackjackx, Oct 5, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  3. I was expecting it to be very "gimmicky". That seems quite good.
  4. Yep. Saw one today. My mate goes to track days and he swears by his! His mate makes them. If it helps, PM me and I'll put you in touch!

edit: Just noticed your post count.....you need 5 or 10 posts before you can PM.....so start posting! BTW:best place for newbies to start is the welcome lounge!

5. Wow

That looks damn cool!
  6. :shock: THAT IS PURE GENIUS :shock:

You wonder why no-one's thought of that before, but that is just perfect!!!!
  7. Has potential.

Looks like you need fixed footpegs for it to work, which will severily limit it's market though.
    Only really good for home use as it doesn't lift both wheels, so using tyre warmers is out, so track use is also limited.
    In summary, it will work on a bike that is set up for track use but won't work at the track......

As I said, potential, but certainly still needs work imho.
  8. It does seem to lift both wheels.

Potentially finicky to set up the 1st time?
  9. Doesn't lift both wheels?? That's the whole point of it, look at the video. Admittedly it doesn't lift then very high, but both wheels certainly are free to turn.

The video was posted in February '07; it would be interestting to see what the current configuration is of the device with the feedback on Youtube and from users.....
  10. it lifts both wheels-

11. Looks like the front wheel is off the ground but sitting on that plate at the front. Certainly no room for a tyre warmer anyway, which was the point I was making.
  12. #13 hornet, Oct 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Feedback on YouTube was asking about modifying it to suit tyre warmers. As I said, I'd be interested to see its latest configuration....

Designer said this in Feb '07

The tire warmers fit as is. it was specifically designed as a pit hoist for track / ride day people. Both wheels are lifted 15mm and there are no sharp edges for the warmers to catch on.

Oh, and, buy his stand, but don't emulate his riding :roll:

13. He uses tyre warmers with it.
  14. can you post up the content of that link, mate, I just can't bring myself to sign up for a site to see one thing, if you know what I mean?
  15. In this shot here you see how the front lever brushes out of the way and points forward as the front tire warmer comes through. Cause theres normally not enough clearance for the warmer. If the lever didnt move out of the way it would jam and damage the filaments in the warmer, Would probly short or melt a hole.
    But you dont have to rmbr to put the lever back down, it flops down automatically as you roll the bike off the hoist ready for when you come off the track. Its fully hands free operation .
  16. Thanks, that explains a lot :).
  17. no worries. its a great setup,wouldnt mind getting one myself.