Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Paddock stand review

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by bonkerrs, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Hi all

Thinking about getting a paddock stand for cleaning purposes. I've got spoked wheels on the Thruxton, biatch to keep clean!

I am looking at getting a paddock stand but was wondering if this is OK. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MOTORCYCLE-REAR-RACE-PADDOCK-STAND-SPECIAL-/110693913607?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c5df1407I know nothing about paddock stands. Like the one on eBay cause it's cheap cheap!!

Any comments on this stand? Also, can you use a paddock stand to lift the front wheel? Maybe some kind of McGyver method.

2. Do they supply the spool? if not the thats more $$$$.............lifting the front wheel would be hard because the back stand it pretty wide, I guess you could try. If theres anywhere that you could put a metal bar through the middle of the front wheel then it could work....otherwise I dont think so, extending the adaptor would probably bend the support.
  3. Just by an anderson stand and be done with it :)

Front stands are slightly different, i would only use a stand for it's intended purpose ie: if you want to lift the front, get a front stand.
  4. anderson stands are top-notch, especially ones with the bigger wheels. easy and smooth to use. i now own a two-brother s1 pro stand although its more expensive and looks crazy its nowhere near as functional as the anderson. :]
  5. haha... yep defo trying to keep the costs down, sweet looking lift though!

I ended up getting an RJay rear stand with flat pads from MCAS. They are having a 10% sale. Picked it up for $98.00.
  6. how much for 2 normal decent stands? not cheap shit either cant move them on normal stands around in your garage ? dont think so, plus you can get different adaptor plates for different bikes
  7. Not necessarily, there are many good no name cheap products and as said before bike stands are simple stuff. You dont need a super duper high priced name brand if you only use it once in a while.........................the best products are those that function to its buyers expectations.