Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Paddock Stand for a Triumph Street Triple

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by JonThorpe, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Hi All,

I've just paid the deposit on a Triumph Street Triple as an upgrade to my GS500 and should be picking it up on Saturday.

One of the things I liked about my GS500 is that it has a center stand, but it looks like the Steet Triple doesn't.

I usually keep my GS500 on the center stand because space is limited in the garage and this avoids people knocking it when going in and out.

Seems I'll need a rear paddock stand for the Striple.

I've ordered my Street Triple with the paddock stand bobbins installed - but what do I need to look for in a paddock stand? Is it one size fits all, or do I need to check measurements?

I've noticed there are some around $100 on eBay - are these any good?
  2. Pretty much any stand will work. I just went to my local bike shop and picked up one they had in stock. Just make sure it has adjustable width at the back (all the ones I looked at had this) and you'll be fine...
  3. Thanks Sillygit!

I've just ordered one of these - http://www.kaneg.com.au/store/prod37.htm

Hopefully it arrives before I pick up my bike on Saturday :)
  4. I have

the very same stand for my ST3.
    A word of caution-
    it's best to err on the side of setting it slightly wide as having it set to narrow could cause it to scratch the swingarm.
    I'm loving the bike, had mine 6 months and the honeymoon ain't over yet.
    Hope you enjoy yours,
    safe riding.
  5. Thanks for the tip Scrambler!

When I ordered the Kaneg, I got a call from them the next day (great service by the way) and was told that it might touch the swingarm.

When I received the stand, it had markings on the bracket to bend the top part out a bit to help avoid the swingarm.

I bent mine out around 5-7mm and it seems to fit nicely. As you did, I set them a bit wide to give it a bit more gap from the swingarm.
  6. thanks for the tip

bend the top out a bit? good idea. If you could be bothered could you send a pic of how it ended up?
  7. Hey Scrambler, it's been a while - but I've finally managed to get some pics of the rear stand.

By bending the top bit out a little, it misses the swingarm by a good margin.

8. Thanks for that.
    Don't need to bend much at all. I'll give it a go.
    See you on the road :wink: