Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW P1's might be moving to qld

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by icestorm, Jul 20, 2011.

  1. So i have an open car licence and i am on my p1's for motorbike in nsw
    i am also over the age of 25.
    I have 6 months to go and will be on my open motorbike licence.
    I may be moving to qld what will hapen with my motorbike licence?
    Will it just go straight to P1 R? ,or will it be RE? and will i still get my open unrestricted licence in 6 months?

  2. My unerstanding is you go to an RE class (would be for the remaining 6 months) then you need to do a q-ride course or the riding exam to get your R class licence.
  3. +1 ^^

    That said, I had a mate recently move from QLD to Victoria. He has his Open RE here and because Vic Roads couldn't work it out, gave him his Open R (Whatever it's called in Vic) license down there.
  4. Well i moved up and guess what i didn't go to re , i also didn't go to p2 like i thought.
    They gave me my full R open licence.