Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

P1 to full license for over 25

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by aheung, Jun 29, 2012.

  1. hi all!
    firstly; I got my Ps!!
    (thanks again to the homebush guys on saturdays)

    anyway, i got my license with R P1 added to it today.
    was wondering if anyone else has gone from P1 to full license?


    do i just go to RTA in a years time to get another license? or will they send me a letter or something?

    i couldn't find anything about it on the website.

  2. yes, you haveto go to the RMS (RTA) in ! year andthey will upgrade you. I thinkits another $22 orsomething like that.
  3. Yep, just head to the registry once your 12 months is up..

    9 months and counting for me.. :(
  4. Provided you also hold a full car licence, you just go in and upgrade. Easy as. I just checked on the back of my licence and it cost $23 when I upgraded in February. No, they don't send you a letter, or not one that I found anyway.
  5. Thank you all!!
  6. I go from p1 to fulls next week! 12 months wait.

    I stupidly went in the RTA at the start of this month thinking i was due already, lady was like 'sir - you're still restricted for another month.'

    But now its upgrade time!