Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by TheYak, Jun 12, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

:grin: :grin: :grin:
  2. Well done mate, congratulations.
  3. what does the 90 mean? You are speed limited to 90 or something?
  4. yup... max speed is the signposted limit or 90, which ever is lower...
  5. Do you recon the cops will allow you to go 100k/h if you put a green P plate on instead? :wink: j/k

But congrats mate, i've still gotta wait like 2 months before i can even try
  6. Congrats. You poor bugger. Do they really thing 10k on a bike makes a difference? :LOL:
  7. P90 makes a big difference on the freeway (110 zone). I was riding down the M5 from Goulburn To Liverpool with Matchstick yesterday. He was paranoid about cops and has a broken speedo so I nursed him along at 90-95 the whole way.
    Its stoopid because I have a full license after 5 months and 5000kays whereas Match has 5 x the riding experience (in terms of distance). Travelling at that speed was making it more dangerous with everyone going around us.
  8. Thats nearly as bad as the 80km/h limit of new riders in Tasmania. You are probably putting yourself in more danger no being allowed to travel at the same speed as everyone else.
  9. Wait a sec, so learners aren't restricted to lower speeds in states other than NSW?(and Tas) Cause here if you're on your L's its 80, red P's its 90 and green P's (if driving) its 100ks. There's no restrictions in Victoria?
  10. No restriction. Learners in Victoria go to the posted speed limit. Eg can do 110 in 110 zone...
  11. That sucks (ok it rocks for you guys :LOL: )

In tas your restricted to 80km/h for your first year of riding or driving, it is plain dangerous. I just travel on back roads or do the speed limit (posted) on the highway and most cops wont bat an eye lid (thank god). i would hate to do a long highway ride though cause it is a big risk to you licence if you speed (read: do the posted limit) and if you do 80km/h it is dangerous having cars/buses/semi's over taking like nutters on single lane roads :evil:

catch 22 :?

12. ACT doesn't have speed restrictions either... causes some trouble for my brother as he drives a NSW registered car on his ACT licence, so he can go 110 on the freeway (and the cops are disappointed when they pull him over :LOL: )
  13. :woot: :dance: :woot: :dance: :woot: :dance: :woot: :dance: :woot: :dance: :woot: :dance:

Well done mate! You got about 3 weeks before the 3month thing comes in so enjoy them while you got them hahahaha.

I got mine on the 8th! cant wait!!!!

Again, well done!
  14. Gratz

I can apply for Ps on friday #

Hopefully i can book myself in asap
  15. awesome mate!!!!! congrats!!
  16. Hehe, thanks all. This was the first test I've cared about passing since the 5th grade :LOL:

The thought of staying on Ls perpetually had entered my mind with the changes from July 1, but I think it's fair to say I'd like to legally ride a Fireblade at illegal speeds around curves and corners one day :p So, one year of pain has to be taken at some point...

I've never heard of a rider being done for riding above the P limit but at or below the posted limit. Anybody? I agree that it's dangerous not keeping up with at least the slow lane, obviously depending on your comfort level with speed.

Oh, and fitty/sprong - you'll have no problem. Easy to say, hard to do, but just relax :wink:
  17. Hey Yak, I just noticed you ride a spada. How did you find it riding on your Ls. What was it like for doing the MOST and the riding for your Ps test? I was looking at getting one myself
  18. Replied in your other thread, any questions after that just ask :)
  19. Yay! Yakky! Now you can ride as fast as me...... :LOL: jk