Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

P plates

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by ltflippy, Jan 14, 2010.

  1. Hey so i am currently on my restricted license and a Green P plater in victoria. I will no longer be restricted soon but will be on my green p's on my car for another year does that mean i need to keep my p's on dispite my none restricted licences?

  2. If you're on P's for the car then show your P's when you drive the car. If you are going to be on full bike license then when you ride you don't show p's. I think the only thing car and bike licensing has to do with eachother is if you already have a car license when you go for your bike L's and get to skip the first year of bike P's, I think.

    I don't quite get what you're saying though,
  3. i had the same question when i was at ur stage what i have done is due to the fact i am still on green p's in the car i display them when i drive the car but not my bike. as you should also no once u get ur unrestricted licence on a bike u can carry a pillion and ride a larger bike but are not aloud to drink ride untill off ur car p's. if any doubt ask vic roads or i suggest ur local police station. the reason is because when you talk to vicroads depending on how you word your question i got three different answer so fed up i went to the local cop shop and now doing what they have said.

    hopefully you can follow this it is a pain i no.