Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NSW P-Plate Transfer/Upgrade Interstate

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Clandestine, Dec 3, 2014.

  1. Hey guys, I'm looking for a bit of advice on this, hopefully I'm in the right area?!

    I was about to finish my red P plate licence in NSW and move onto my full licence (meet the over 25 etc. criteria), but have just moved back to Tasmania. I didn't realise at the time, but based on Tasmanian licence restrictions I would be on P2's for the next 2 years.

    Even once I'm over the 12 month period, I'm assuming if I transfer my licence over I would be put onto the P2's in Tasmania rather than receive a full licence? I haven't been able to find any information on this, has anyone transferred a licence in this situation before?

    I still have a NSW licence, a NSW forwarding address, and don't legally need to transfer my licence for over 2 and a half months. People have suggested that I apply for my full NSW remotely licence and then transfer it afterwards, but I'm not sure if this is completely legal?

    It seems I'm able to renew my licence remotely as noted in http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/about/forms/45070794-photo-kit-nsw-licensee-temp-interstate.pdf, but I'm not sure that this would apply for an upgrade and somehow doubt this is to be used in my situation.

    Any thoughts?