Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

P/L plate display question:

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by ad91on, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is there a penalty for displaying different plates (ie not corresponding to your licence) on your bike/car?

I was just wondering as i'm coming up to my green p's in the car and have no more red p's hanging around for the motorbike. Would it be a big deal if i put green p's or even L's on the bike dispite having only a P1 licence?

You see parents runnning around with L plates on all the time because they're too lazy or stupid to take them off, and i imagine that putting an L plate on wouldn't be a big deal, but would putting a Green P plate on incurr a fine/demerit points?

Sort of confusing question... Thanks guys.
  2. 1 point and $92.50 per plate. No-one can be on their green bike p's till 1st june '10. and you can get done for having L's on or any other plate that is not representative of your license conditions. they probably wont make a fuss if you have something less though. Just get some red ones mate, the wrong plate is probably the worst way of losing points there is, they are worth more than that, can be the difference between points maxed out but still riding and suspended license
  3. Awesome, thanks mate.

So looks like ill be stocking up on red and green p's... Christmas colors!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.