Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ozy or Oggy ?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Hawkeye, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Ozynobs or Oggy Knobs...that is the question...which ones are better or are they just the same but from a different company...opinions!

2. wrong place...moving it....moved to here by Brownyy...cheers for that.
  3. Moved to here. :)

Continue the discussion. :)

To answer your question, I think they are different. It depends on how they are mounted. I know a mate who's R6 ultilized the right hand side knob several times and he has an issue; It's mounted via a extra long bolt that goes into the engine itself. Once that one bolt bent, he now can't remove it. Design fail hard!!

The one's on my Daytona are Oggy Knobs brand, and the knob mounts via one bolt to a flat plate (not part of the bike, comes with the knobs), and the flat plate it mounted to the frame in two places. So when the knob cops a huge hit, if anything is going to bend, the single knob bolt should and the others should remain intack.

Also to note, these particular knobs did not requite fairings to be cut. Not sure if any other brands or bikes require that but I did see a lot advertised as "does not require fairing cutting" etc....

To answer your question however, I don't actually know the difference. Someone else might be able to help.

But do get them, they are worth there weight in gold. :)
  4. Just be aware if you buy the Oggy nobs brand only certain packs come with the plate mount, and many bike shops will not tell you this if you simply ask them to be installed, they will use the cheap bolt into the frame/engine job

And not all bikes can have them mounted without a fairing cut.