Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

OZ designed cruiser

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by JohnG., Mar 10, 2007.

1. Couldnt be bothered with the write up but first impression has me thinking of Judge Dredd or transfromers :LOL: . Looks extremely low to the ground & I reckon getting replacement parts would be a biatch! Still looks pretty cool for a concept though a little bit too much chunky silver coloured fibreglass for me. Has me asking lots of questions tho, such as why a fairing for a windscreen, where exactly is the rear light assembly and does she rumble or just go pff pff :?
  2. Interesting in its own way :) The specs suggest something similar to Suzuki's M109R which most people seem to agree goes pretty well for a cruiser... this bike is more a cruiser than a sports-bike, I think. Except this bike costs as much as three Suzukis, then again, you won't see many on the roads! Actually you probably won't see any on *our* roads, because it might be designed by Australian, but I don't think it was designed with our ADR in mind.

I liked this part on his page (posted from December last year):

"Other developments are work being done with the IAG research lab here in Sydney into what I have termed 'ablative design' which translates into the design of parts on a motorcycle which are susceptable to damage in a low speed fall, that can 'sacrifice' themelves to save more expensive components from suffering expensive cosmetic damage.

This has been an eye-opening excercise, and I have seen some truly appalling examples of design flaws in current models that make expensive repairs out of the simplest of drops. It is as if no manufacturer has ever conceived that their bike will one day end up on its side after a simple slip of the sidestand. The whole issue of 'damageability' in motorcycles is starting to seriously impact insurance costs and frankly, designers need to start thinking in more practical terms to lessen the costs of repairing a motorcycle damaged after a simple fall.

I am working on a couple of example designs which will incorporate this thinking."

I wholeheartedly agree with the above sentiment, though I have to wonder whether he applied any of that thinking to this particular design?

Edit: check out some of his other designs, too: http://www.timcamerondesign.com.au/TCDgallery.html
  3. is there a vomit emoticon available?
  4. Im sorry was there a bike in that link??? I noticed a black bikkini!

Just kidding. Looks like it would handle like a pig with a rake like that though. Interesting concept all the same.
  5. I'd be curious to see how it handles.
    From the look of the pictures, the handle bar is connected to a vertical shaft which then pivots the front tyre from way behind.
    This would mean that the front tyre doesn't angle left or right as you turn it as a normal/current design does.
    Can it still counter steer?
  6. wow that looks good much much better than that american hyubusa cruser