Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oxstar Boots, 10 years old but cheap. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Lazy Libran, May 2, 2016.

1. Hi All, was not planning to buy another pair but saw a MotoGP style pair in the 'clearance' section.

They have got a build date of 2006 and were priced at $489.

I can get them at a throw away price of around $120 or even less

The question here is - is a 10 year old pair worth buying as a spare?

The parent company is TCX now and similar boots are the same price range, as in $500 or so.

Might take a while to be worn in but in excellent condition..

Thoughts / suggestions??
  2. If you really like them and there's no visible cracking of the leather / sole etc and everything snaps together as it should Id buy them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. for $120 you can't really lose. if you don't like them stick them on the bay as NOS and they'll 'walk' out the door.
  4. Thanks for the replies guys..

Went back was bargained them to a hundred bucks..

This is what they look like..

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. even better :) & they look alight :)

Id be interested in a review when you're ready, just to see how they go after sitting on the self for so long
  6. No problems... I commute so I'll be wearing the waterproof boots for the next day or two but will start wearing them after that. I tried them on again and their condition seems all right.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. I have had these boots for ever and a day. They sat unused for a few years in my cupboard until I started wearing them but now are perfect. I actually hit up ebay to try and find another pair for when these wear out.

Only con for me was price (I paid around $300 i think) and that the torsion control system is incredibly noisy when walking. I have tried all sorts of lubricants and waxes and nothing helps. Oh well 'Loud Boots Save Lives'.

Also for $100 you're a lucky bugger
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. So I've been wearing them for a while now and they have become very very comfortable.

Loving them more and more...

And for that price.. Priceless!!

• Like Like x 2