Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oxford "Bone Dry" boots - Any good?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ~DadAgain~, Jun 14, 2008.

1. I've been giving the subject some thought - and figured I really should get some proper boots and not trust my lower extremities to my trusted walking boots (or perhaps that should be rephrased - 'I dont want to trash the toes of my good quality goretex lined hiker boots' :? )

So I spent a while in Brisbane Motorcycles today and had a look. I deliberately didnt look at any price labels and just tried on boots based on look & feel. These boots felt really plush and comfy - but they only had a size 46 in stock and it was a bit lose on me. I've asked them to get in a 45 and if it fits I'll take it. the price $169 seems pretty decent to me!

Anybody got any experience with this boot? How come its so much cheaper than the others but yet feels like a higher quality product to me? (perhaps I'm just a very bad judge :oops: )

2. Shay has a pair and is very pleased with them. Yet to see how dry they really are!
  3. I have a pair - have worn them in pouring rain and all day in drizzle when I did my MOST - feet stayed dry and warm. Not bad for the price.
  4. Update on my previous post - after 4 months of riding (about 5000km) these boots have started to crack; one crack across the bridge of the foot and one down the zipper flap. It looks like they're only good for 6 months or so of normal riding - so definitely NOT recommended if you want more life out of them than that!

BTW full marks to Sydney City Motorcycles - they replaced them without a question - I now have some leather Alpinestars boots that I think will last a bit longer - happy to pay the difference!
  5. We found out the hard way that Shay's are not waterproof, the left one especially.

My Alpinestars Gore Effex boots were dry on the same trip, same weather. I guess you gets what you pays for!