Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Oversized Tyre 2012 Speed Triple

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by Shori, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Hi guys,

Can't find the answer to my q's on the forum or elsewhere and therefore thought it might be best to ask here.

Just for aesthetic purposes can I fit tyres bigger then the measurements mentioned below both front and rear? What's the biggest the factory rims can support? I use the bike mainly to get around and travel for work, ocasional rides involving twisties. Will going over factory measurement severely compromise safety and handling?

I have a 2012 Speed Triple and I believe they are fitted with:
    Front: (120/70 R17) Rear: (190/55 R17)

Any help will be much appreciated.

2. Thanks oldcorollas.

After reading online a bit and what people have to say. I think 200/55 is not a problem for street riding. Not the best for the track and for those who do a lot of riding in the hills and so on. For someone like me who doesn't do former and not much of latter. Its just a matter of finding a good 200/55 tyre now.
  3. The difference 'asthetically' between a 190 section tyre and a 200 section is 5/8ths of fcuk-all or about the width of the tip of your little finger ( 10mm )

why bother ????
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Because it's cool man! :cool:
  5. Good point. I'll just have to see in person I guess.
  6. Exactly.....
  7. Quite and because of symmetry it only looks like 5mm. I struggle to even see it, as do mates of mine.
  8. Put a Diavel tyre on and be done with it (although there's a good chance it'll scrub your swing arm badly). :p
  9. Or just trade it in for a Rocket.